Are you always in search of coupons? You have to check this out.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Did you know that San Antonio is a great place to retire?

My husband and I took a vacation a couple of years ago. We had a great time.
We stayed on the River Walk , saw the Alamo, visited their zoo, road the train at the zoo, and visited a lovely Japanese garden.
We also had great Mexican food. The city transit was clean and everyone seemed to be using it.

So it made me happy today, when I was researching cities that would be best to retire in, and I found that San Antonio is one of the places that is retirement friendly.
San Antonio's cost of living is 7% below the national average.
Groceries in that city run about 22% cheaper than in other metropolitan areas.
For a city with 2.5 million people that's great. Their housing in the year 2007 ran 10% lower than the national average. Even with the housing slump, home values there have increased 8% since 2006.

Best of all Texas doesn't tax income. Their average state and local tax burden is 7.8% that's almost 2% lower than the national average.
I have some time before I can retire, but I could see myself living in San Antonio one day, it really is a lovely place.

Oh, and just like Atlanta they have a Six Flags Fiesta Texas IT has won Golden Ticket For Best Theme Park Shows In The Country, for the 7Th consecutive year!

I almost forgot, they have a Sea World too.
So if you don't want to retire there, at least add it to your list of vacation destinations.

No comments:

Swag Bucks ! It's like finding free cash....

Swidget 1.0